Zimbabwe triseries

I'm trying to comprehend the necessary for this tri-series at the first place. I used to follow Cricket matches more closely and of late, lost a lot of interest and I'm not even reading the newspaper updates on the Cricket scores (am I ageing??).

I'm getting more skeptical about the tri-series that is going on in Zimbabwe (or is it already over?). The teams include India, SriLanka and Zimbabwe. One cannot get more tired than watching an India-SriLanka cricket match. It has been happening so regularly of late that nobody wants to watch them play anymore. I think, to have an even match, the selectors of India and SriLanka have sent their B team (or C or Z team) for this series. As otherwise, the contest would be too one-sided for the public (I mean the Zimbabwe public) to get interested.

So, one could understand the grouse of this person in CricInfo.
http://www.cricinfo.com/zim-tri2010/content/story/462208.html
Yes, the team sent is not the first choice XI. But, that is not reason enough not to try and win the matches. I tend to agree with the author, when he says that nobody is interested in this tri-series (Players, Selectors or the BCCI). There was a general lack of desire to win the matches than anything that was the undoing.

You may ask, if no one (including me) is interested in this tri series, then why waste a blog post mentioning that? The answer is simple, I'm trying to ward off my drowsiness :-):-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revenue loss...

Zoho at 25 - My Journey -- Part 1

Turbulent times