Turbulent times

I've been through turbulent times of late. Especially the last 6 months have been nothing but terrible. It must be one of my worst phase of life, I believe. I'm wishing it will end soon and I'll see the light at the end of the tunnel soon. I'm just jotting down this blog to let go of my frustrations and anger.

It all started with the water shortage way back in May 2009. In the area I live, water shortage during the summer season is nothing new. People are accustomed to it and have different ways to counter it. As we live in a semi-apartment, we had a meeting and decided to effectively utilize the available water. This would mean, we'll have independent water lines drilled from our common overhead tank and be distributed to each house independently. We also decided to build a bigger water sump (we had a < 3000 litres sump to store the Palar water) to hold more volumes of water (15000 litres to be exact). This plan started to deteriorate when one of the house owners came up with the idea of building the sump right away and "postponing" the individual water lines. As my house is farther away from the tank, I naturally objected to this idea. In fact, my next neighbour, who is the farthest objected to this even more. We proposed to build both together so that we can solve the problem at one go. This resulted in some heated arguments among the owners and we were forced to accept the verdict of building the sump only solution.

In fact, I agreed to this idea, partially because, this will at least ensure that we have enough water to be shared and the existing pipe lines will cater to the needs. But, alas my other neighbour saw this problem in a different way. My house is 2nd in the order and the water line to my house has to pass through the house no.3 to reach mine. If the occupants in house no.3 open all their taps, then our house won't get a single drop of water due to the lesser water pressure in the tank and the distance water needs to travel to reach my house. They just ensured that we won't get water at all by opening up all their taps. And feeling, as if this is not enough, they just redirected most of their water into the loo thus filling up the septic tank. This was a double blow to us. We didn't get enough water for one and we were made to clean up the Septic tank too (as we were in the maintenance stage at that time!).

As if this torture is not enough, the neighbour, a CA and being a partner in his firm, started using abusive languages against my maid and later redirected these at my wife too. This irritated me enough to file a police complaint against him. In fact, this person stooped even lower by spitting on my car (I couldn't believe my own eyes to see some one actually doing this!!). All these were quoted in the complaint and this person was reprimanded and had handed over a letter to the police that he will no longer cross our path and will be more abiding in nature.

But, this wasn't the end, the cruel face of the neighbour resurfaced this week again. The person's wife started pouring dirty water on the place where my maid used to have her lunch. This agitated her enough and this morning, this neighbour spit on her face! This was the last straw that I could withstand. I filed one more police complaint today. I believe I'll get some justice this time around. I hope this guy will be punished this time and will not be let go with a reprimand this time around. I want him to feel for his mistakes and punishments are the only way out. Let the law take its own course and I pray to God that this guy be punished severely.

Comments

Rajkumar said…
Sad to hear this.

One bad owner/resident can spoil life in apartments.

If you have not sold off the property, I would suggest you to hold on - may be, get those pipe lines fixed and rent it out and move to some other rental space, nearer to Velachery.

Makes be believe your frustration is causing you to sell it off in haste. Let a few months pass by, before you decide to proceed on such decisions. By that time the property markets should also be better, in case you decide to stick to the decision.

Take care.
K.V.Suresh said…
Hey Raj,

Thanks for stopping by. I have decided to sell off the property and it is not a hasty decision, I believe. I'm also trying to restore the pipelines so that the stay will be smoother. But, few things doesn't happen the way we wish. This is still dragging on and HOPE is the only thing that is left with me.

Btw, hope your venture is doing good.

- Suresh.K.V.

Popular posts from this blog

Zoho at 25 - My Journey -- Part 1

Revenue loss...